Monday 25 May 2009

Equations of Life

Why is it that whenever one aspect of your life can't get any better, another inevitably takes a downfall? Is this some sort of screwed equation, or even better, some universal rule? Seriously...

Job? Good.
Studies? Great.
Friends? Even better.
Family? The world is falling apart.

It's been a hell of a wake-up call. It was sort of easy to forget for a while and pretend everything was fine, or at least getting better. But now I'm forced to go back home because my father can't deal all alone with my mother's illness. And while her being sick is always in the back of my head, seeing her makes it all the more real. I can't NOT see how skinny she's gotten and how weak she's getting.

What do we do when hope is all we've got and it's not enough anymore?

As bad as the situation is, it made me realize how great my friends are. Rallying around me, offering to go pray for my mom, making sure I always have someone to listen to me... without me having to ask. It means the world to me and it makes me love them even more. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. We'll always be here for you Mag... I already prayed for you and your mom, your family

    ReplyDelete